Uniform Policy / Dress Code
We are a “uniform school.” Children’s clothing should be comfortable, clean, modest, neat, and labeled with the student’s name. Clothing should not present a danger to children’s health, safety, or schoolwork.
Polo ShirtsA solid, black polo shirt or the school issued logo shirt must be worn daily. A solid, black T-shirt or turtleneck may be worn under the school-issued polo shirt. The polo shirt must be
- tucked into the student's pants, skirt, skorts, or walking shorts; and
- worn under the student's sweatshirt, sweater, vest, or jacket should he or she choose to wear one of those items.
PantsPants should be straight leg khakis with front creases. Students are expected to wear their pants at the normal waist line, and pants must be hemmed. Pants should not contain any pins or staples as may be evident when first purchased. Furthermore, please be mindful of the following:
- No baggy pants
- No shredded cuffs or rolled up cuffs
- No cuffs dragging on the ground
- No jeans or corduroy pants of any color
- No cargo style pants
- No bell bottom or skinny pants
- No leggings or jeggings
- No yoga pants
Walking ShortsShorts should be khaki walking shorts with front creases. Students are expected to wear their walking shorts at the normal waist line, and walking shorts must be hemmed. Walking shorts must cover the student's legs so that no more than two inches of skin is exposed between the hemline and the top of the student's knees. Walking shorts should not contain any pins or staples as may be evident when first purchased. Walking shorts must not be rolled up or shortened. Furthermore, please be mindful of the following:
- No cutoffs, denim, or corduroy walking shorts
- No baggy shorts
- No cargo style shorts
- No short shorts
- No capris or pedal pushers
Skirts, Skorts, and Jumper DressesSkirts, skorts, and jumper dresses must be khaki and possess a hem. Skirts and skorts should be worn at the normal waist line. Additionally, please note the following:
- The skirt, skort, or jumper dress must cover the student's legs so that no more than two inches of skin is exposed between the hemline and the top of the student's knees.
- Solid, black tights may be worn under a skirt, skort, or jumper dress in cold weather when paired with black shoes. Tights may NOT be fishnet, lace, or thigh high. Tights may NOT possess any holes.
Sweatshirts and SweatersA solid, black sweatshirt or sweater is acceptable and must be worn on top of a black polo with the school logo. Sweatshirts and sweaters must not
- be worn inside-out;
- be worn alone; or
- possess any logo or pattern.
Shoes, Socks, and BeltsStudents are required to wear any style of "closed toe" footwear, made of canvas, plastic, rubber, leather, fake/faux leather, or leather-like synthetic compound with either a rubber sole or leather sole, which includes dress shoes, casual shoes, and athletic shoes. Please note the following:
- Sandals or shoes exposing students' heels are NOT permitted.
- Belts must be solid black or brown and have plain buckles (no symbols or initials).
- Belts CANNOT be more than one waist size larger than student's waist.
- Shoes or socks must match.
- Flip-flops, bedroom slippers, shower shoes, stilettos, wedges, and crocs are NOT permitted.
Additional Prohibited Items
- No distracting fashion trends (to be determined by administration)
- No sunglasses or other eyewear, unless it is prescription eyewear
- No wallet chains or jewelry that can cause a safety hazard
- No piercing other than in the ears.
- No extreme hair styles / colors which are disruptive/distracting to the educational process (to include bandanas and other accessories)
- No clothing (like an exterior coat) that displays inappropriate material (to be determined by administration)